Sunday, September 2, 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes! SO EASY.


ahem..(cue Kermit the Frog singing Rainbow Connection ) "why are there so many songs about rainbows?"... Because they are AWESOME, that's why!

And even better on a cupcake! Here's a really fun cupcake to try, the next time creativity hits you. It is not my original idea, but the photo you see here IS of the ones we made.

Wilton 307-826 Cupcakes 'n More 23-Count 4-Tier Metal Dessert Stand

My daughter and I wanted to make cupcakes for the snack table, following her upcoming Summer Orchestra Camp concert.   We saw these on Pinterest (of course!) and thought they would be perfect, because one of the songs they were playing was, "Rainbow Connection".

Blue cupcake liners were a must, and so perfect. We made yellow cupcakes with a mix, and stirred in colored sprinkles to the batter before baking to make a fun confetti looking surprise on the inside. Sky blue icing was swirled on top and the rainbows.., well, they were my best -find- of- the -day -ever. They are from a package of Air Heads Extremes candies in the Rainbow Berry Sour Candy flavor. (not my top choice, but they LOOK adorable!) Each candy strip was cut into 3 rainbows. To secure the ends of the rainbows in a 3-D shape, my daughter piped fluffy white buttercream icing, with a #12 tip for "clouds".

Jessie Steele Cupcakes Apron

Needless to say, they were a BIG hit ! I bought extra packages of the candy, because I know I'll be making these again. Using pre-made things like candies, to decorate, makes for some DIY -friendly results. And what better way to display your cupcakes than on an awesome cupcake stand. They take up less table space and make for more cupcake drama for sure!

Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make

I hope you'll try these, so fun and so easy. Check out my DIY Wedding Cake for Under $50, book. http://diyweddingcakeunder50.com 

making your life sweeter,

Liz
The Party Hostess Diva
http://facebook.com/partyhostessdiva

http://youtu.be/pC2nePyCcl4



No comments:

Post a Comment